Facebook Business overview
You can create a feed and thus upload your products to Facebook with our Facebook Business addon. It helps you to add the Pixel and create a feed, so that you will be able to promote your products on Facebook.
The Facebook Business add-on's purpose is to provide you with a data feed that contains your webstore products in a format that Facebook understands. With the help of your product data feed, you can list your products on your Facebook/Instagram Page Shop and run Facebook Dynamic Products Ads.
Dynamic Product Ads are a way to display product Facebook ads to customers that have already visited your website, featuring the products that Facebook already knows your customers are interested in based on their behaviour. This process is also known as retargeting.
Facebook Business setup
1. To install the add-on, go to Plugins → Add New.
2. Upload zip file with the add-on and click the Install Now button.
3. When the add-on is installed successfully, activate it using the Activate Plugin button.
4. Now you can see the add-on on your dashboard.
Before starting to work, you should activate your license key. Go to Facebook Business → License. Paste your add-on license key and activate it.
The product categories' names in your store may differ from what can be easily found in Google. You should do this step to make categories in your webstore associated with categories in Google.
1. Find Facebook Business → Categories on your dashboard. Click the Add new button.
2. To complete Google category properly, use Google Taxonomy list. Find your category using search (Ctrl+F) and choose the one that suits you best.
3. Then complete categories on your dashboard.
4. When all is done it should look like this:
Facebook Pixel creation
NOTE! Make sure you have a Business Manager account!
1. Go to Facebook Business Manager. Find Business Settings. Select your business and go to Data Sources → Pixels. Click the Add button.
2. Fill in Pixel details. It may be the name of your website. Then write down your website URL and click Continue.
3. You should click Cancel here:
4. Go to Catalogs → Add → Create a New Catalog. Write down the name of your catalog. For example, it may be webstore_name_catalogue.
5. Select your Facebook page on the left and enable the buttons.
6. Connect website activity using Pixel.
7. Go to Pixels again. Find your pixel and copy it (click on the blue ID).
8. Go to the dashboard on you site → Facebook Business → Facebook Pixel. Paste your Pixel ID and click Save.
1. Go to Facebook Business → Product feed. Activate the Enable toggle and click Save.
2. Select categories which you would like to add in the feed. Then select currency on you site. Save the changes.
3. Now you can generate XML.
You can use the Download XML option if you have not more than 1000 items in your store and you don't make changes in your product data frequently. Using XML files will not allow to auto update your feed on Facebook.
If you are using a URL of your feed, you will be able to schedule updates to your feed automatically without uploading XML files. Also, that allows you to upload more than 1000 items.
Also, you can use 'Labels' feature on order to label your Products according to your special requirements related to more specific Facebook Ads setup.
Go to Facebook Business → Labels:
Click Add new:
Choose Category (if you want to apply your labels to several or all your Categories) or Products (if you want to apply it only to your several Products, even from different Categories). Click Save.
You can also exclude particular Products from your Feed by clicking the Show exceptions panel button:
There is a search bar on the top of this panel. You can search your Products by:
To exclude a Product, you need just to disable it by clicking the toggle and generate your Feed again. You can also put the excluded Product back by enabling it by the same toggle and generating your Feed once again.
Uploading your product catalog
1. Go to Data Sources Catalogs → Open in Catalog Manager.
2. On the Overview tab choose Add Items.
3. Choose Use Bulk Upload and click Next.
4. Choose Scheduled feed and click Next.
5. Enter your URL.
You can copy it from your dashboard Facebook Business → Product feed. Just click the Copy URL button.
6. When you have entered your URL, choose Plan your update schedule → Weekly.
7. Copy your site address here and click Upload.
8. Now you can see this page. Go to Products.
9. Now you can see all products in your Facebook Catalog.
Facebook Catalog update
After you make any amendments to your products (such as deleting products, adding new ones or price changing), you need to update your Product Feed both in Facebook Business add-on and Facebook Business Manager account.
First, go to Facebook Business → Product feed.
Then click at 'Generate XML' and wait till ‘done!’
After that, you can rather wait for an auto-update (in case an update schedule is set up), or to fetch your Feed manually in your Facebook Business Manager account:
1. Go to Catalog Manager
2. On Data Sources tab, choose a necessary catalog
3. Go to Settings → Request update