How to register a Square account
Note: Steps may vary from country to country.
1. Go to squareup.com and click Get started.
2. Enter and confirm your email address, create a password, select your Country and click Continue.
3. Choose your type:
Select your business type from the drop-down. Enter your business and personal information. Click Continue.
4. Choose how you will take payments. Also, you will be asked about additional features of Square. When complete, click Continue.
5. You’ll be asked to input your personal and business information and answer a few questions to verify your identity.
6. When account is created, go to Home Page (squareup.com) → eCommerce → Developer APIs:
Go to Developer Dashboard:
7. Click Create your first application and provide the name:
8. The Sandbox mode will allow you to test your integration. To accept live payments, you will need to switch to Production mode.
9. Open your App:
How to enable Square payment option
To access the payments settings, click the blue Sellvia button on the top of the side panel to switch to Sellvia menu; the words on the button will change into Main menu.
Then go to Settings → Payments → Credit/Debit Cards → Squareup and enable Squareup payment option:
In Square Developer switch to Production, go to Locations and copy Location ID:
Paste it in your WordPress admin area:
In Square Developer, go to Credentials, copy Production Application ID and Production Access Token:
Paste them in your WordPress admin area:
Finish by clicking Save Changes.